Step 1: Select Your Widget View
First, decide which widget view you want to display by visiting the Widget Store.
When you find the widget view you want in the store, open the item and copy the URL from the “How to use” panel.
Step 2: Configure Your Widget
Open the Widgets panel from the right-hand menu in SharpCloud.
Click within the view to select the view’s widget.
In the widget panel, click Advanced Options and paste the URL you copied into the Embed URL field, then press Enter to confirm.
- Some widget views require additional information, called “parameters”, before they will display data, so don’t be concerned if your view is blank to begin with.
- When additional parameters are needed, you’ll see a “?” icon displayed in the upper-right corner of the view widget. Click on it to see a table of what parameters are required or available.
- You can add parameters by adding a “?” followed by the text in the Query string param column of the table to the end of the URL you pasted in the widget panel, along with the value referenced in the Value column.
- For example, if you want to hide the “?” icon from the widget view, you would add ‘?’help=off to the end of the URL.
- Add additional parameters by separating them with a “&”, such as ?help=off&allowEdit=true.
With the URL updated, you should see your data represented in the widget view.
Step 3: Configure Your View
In addition to the parameters added to the URL, your view also needs to know which data from SharpCloud should be displayed. There are two types of data to configure: Items (and their relationships) and Attributes (on the items and relationships).
Items and Relationships
- For items to appear in your widget view, you must be sure to include them in your View Filter.
- By default, all items are included in new widget views.
- Use filters in the typical way to control which items should be displayed.
- You can also setup and use Interactive Filters for your widget views.
- If relationships are required by the widget view, be sure to turn these on in the View Setup.
- You may be able to set the appearance of items and relationships in the Item Appearance and Relationships tabs (depending on whether your specific widget allows this).
- You must also select any Attributes required by your widget view. Most only require one or two attributes (and some don’t require any).
- Under View Options, the Layout and Relationships tabs will include sections where you can check the boxes of the attributes you want to include.