Importing relationships can be done via the Data Grid. Typically, you will create relationships in Excel filling the appropriate details into the following columns:
- Item 1 – The name of the first item (the name must match a unique name of an item in the story).
- Item 2 – The name for the second item (the name must match a unique name of an item in the story).
- Comment* – A descriptive comment to provide further insight to the relationship.
- Direction* - A choice of: Both, None, Item 1 to Item 2 or Item 2 to Item 1; This will determine whether and what type of arrow heads are shown on the relationship lines.
* - Optional Field. If no direction is stated, SharpCloud will default to “None” for direction.
This could appear in Excel as:
By copying the data out of Excel in the above format, it can be easily pasted into SharpCloud’s Data Grid. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Data Grid.
- Go to the Relationships Tab.
- Press “Paste”.
- Paste the data into the new dialog box.
- Confirm the changes.
This can be seen here:
Additional information that could be pasted into SharpCloud include relationship tags and attributes, which can be represented by their own columns. This is covered further in the Knowledge Base article: Relationship Attributes and Tags.