Creating a SharpCloud Directory can be performed by anyone with an Editor License (unless their ability to do so has been blocked by the Pack Administrator). A user with an editor license will have a blue border around their profile icon.
Note: Before creating a directory, ensure that a SharpCloud Team has been created so that it can be an Authorised Publisher.
To create a SharpCloud directory, the steps are as follows:
- From the Dashboard, enter the Teams and Directories tab.
- Select Create new directory as highlighted below.
- A new dialog will appear, requiring information to create the directory, as shown below:
The fields in the dialog box are as follows:
- Directory Identifier – A lower-case string used to uniquely identify your directory and forms part of the URL for the directory.
- Directory Name and Description – This is the name/description that will be used on your dashboard.
- Select Administrators – By default, the creator of the directory will be marked as an administrator but can be deselected if preferred. A list of contacts is available to also select from, and other admins can be added by email in the Directory Admin section. We recommend a minimum of two directory admins.
- Authorised Publishers (teams) – A list of teams available to be selected as Authorised Publishers, allowing stories in that team having the capability to be published to the directory.
Once the fields have been completed to fit the preference, select “Create Directory”.
Adding Members to a Directory
Now the directory has been created, it’s time to add members to the team so they can view the stories that are in the Directory.
Once in the Directory space, as a Directory Admin there will be a Directory Admin section in the toolbar as highlighted above. This will open the Directory Admin dialog as shown below:
- This is where members can be added via email address.
- Admins can be added here via email address.
- Domains can be used to automatically assign membership to the directory based upon a user’s email address domain. This operation needs to be performed by SharpCloud directly.
- A list of users can be bulk uploaded as either admins/members via a CSV file. A template can be downloaded via the links states “View current admins/members file”.
After each change the “Save Changes” button needs to be pressed to ensure the users are added.
Publishers are individuals/teams that are able to publish to the directory. To add publishers, navigate to the Directory Admin screen on the Publishers Tab as shown below:
- Teams can be added by adding the Team ID in the text box and pressing “Update Publishers”.
- Team ID’s can be found at the end of the URL when in the Team Space. They will be a lowercase alphanumeric string that follows the URL section of “teamstories/xxxxxx” where “xxxxx” is the Team ID.
- Individual Publisher rights can be amended on the Publisher Tab. By default, there will be no individual publishers, but it can be changed to allow Directory Admins or Everyone (all directory members) capability of publishing to the directory by changing the option.
Deleting a Directory
Note: This is an action can only be performed by a Directory Admin and cannot be undone.
Deleting a Directory in SharpCloud can be achieved in SharpCloud using the Directory Admin dialog. This task can only be performed by a Directory Admin.
Before deleting a directory, it is required that all stories in the Directory are unpublished and all members/admins of the directory are removed.
To delete a Directory, navigate to the Directory Admin space. From the dialog, in the bottom right corner of the dialog window will be a “Delete Directory” button as displayed below:
Upon pressing “Delete Directory”, a reminder dialog box will appear to ensure that all members and stories have been removed from the directory, as displayed here:
If all members and stories have been removed, upon pressing yes, the Directory will be successfully deleted. If there are still members and/or stories within the Directory space, an error will appear saying Unable to Delete [Directory Name] due to an error.