Whilst you are still creating your story you may want to edit or add data. You can use any of the following ways to do this:
- When looking at the items in a view, simply drag the item to update its value (for the displayed attribute(s))
- Use the item properties tab to update any of the properties for an individual item
- Edit the data directly in the data grid - this is a good place to carry out bulk operations on your data, such as updating all the values for a specific attribute
- This can be accessed by selecting Data > Edit Data from the drop down next to Data in the upper toolbar portion of the UI
- Using SharpCloud Forms
- Update the data in Excel then re-paste it into the data grid.
- Using QueryConnect to synchronise data from potentially multiple different sources and types of sources.
- Using our Software Developers Kit (SDK)
- Leveraging our Public REST API.
Data Grid Configuration
You can modify the column order (as well as which columns are displayed) in the Item tab of the Data Grid by selecting “Select Columns” and optionally save this as the new default configuration for the story. Note that the configuration is saved on a per story basis (not a per user per story basis) so the Owner and any users with Admin permissions will be able to modify and save the configuration.
Published versus un-published items
In SharpCloud items are either published or unpublished, and this property is displayed on bottom of the Edit Item properties tab.
In general, views that you create in your SharpCloud story will be automatically set to filter out unpublished items.
This means that by marking items as unpublished, you can retain them within your story data, but prevent them from being displayed to other users on the views
You can check the setting for any view in your story by checking the Filters, found in the View Setup dialog.
In the screenshot below we can see that:
(a) the Published property has an 'active' status and
(b) the unpublished items value has been deselected.
This confirms that on this view, only items that have a property of Published will be displayed.
Reviewing / triaging un-published items
To review unpublished items in your story you have a number of options:
- Temporarily change the filter on any view so that only the unpublished items (instead of the published items) are shown.
- In the date grid, unhide the Published column and then review the items, checking the box for any items you now want to publish
Highlight View related attributes
In the edit panel, there are different configurations of what attributes you wish to display in the panel, allowing editing to be more precise. One configuration available in the dropdown is “Show active in View”. This allows you to focus your efforts on checking and updating the data in the view, before broadening your view back to consider all other attributes as well.
A drop-down list allows you to choose whether to show all attributes or filter to show:
You can still choose to show all your attributes (which is the default and seen in the above screenshot next to “edit attributes”) or just the attributes with populated values.
The Calculated Values tab within the attributes panel also identifies the Calculated Values that are used in the view (either as part of the view layout or the filter) but does not filter the list of Calculated Values shown.
Notes: Attributes included in the Interactive Filter but which have not been used as part of the View Filter are not considered to be part of the filter set so are not flagged in the attributes list.