Note: Features in this article are only available in SharpCloud v9.5.0911 and later versions
SharpCloud offers simple, consistent operation and navigation across all mouse driven and touch devices providing a great user-experience for both experienced SharpCloud users and new users experiencing SharpCloud for the first time.
This article will cover the functions that can be performed within a story and how to interact with items, views, and filters. It will cover actions for both mouse and touch operations. In this article, it is from the point of a story Owner and some settings may not be available for other user types.
Note: During this article, left mouse-clicking will be the same as “touch” for touch-enabled devices and right-mouse clicking will be the same action as “long-press” on touch enabled devices.
Interacting with Items
Items by default, when selected by a left-mouse click (or single touch on a touch device), will open and display the panels inside, unless the view setup has been modified to highlight relationships, in which it will display the items related to the selected item.
When right-mouse clicking on an item or long-press on touch devices, several options become available:
- Open item – This will open the item and display the items panels
- Duplicate Item – Create a copy of the item
- Highlight Related Items – Focuses on related items only and fades out other items.
- Add Relationships – Open the relationship creator tab to start creating relationships.
- Click Event – Action the Click Event on the item.
- Select Item – Item will be selected, and other items can then be chosen to also be selected by a left-mouse click.
- Show only related items – Remove all items from the view that are not related to the chosen item.
- Delete – Deletes the item.
Items in an Enterprise Solution
- Move Here – As the item is not local, an option to move the item to the current story will make the item local and convert the item to shared in all other stories it is used in.
- Remove – As the item is a Shared item, it cannot be deleted in a story that is not it’s local story, but it can be removed.
Multiple Items Selected
When more than 1 item has been selected, a different set of options appear when right clicked as shown below:
- Merge Items – This will allow items to be merged to form 1 item.
Interaction with Views
In SharpCloud, the views have a lot of areas where users can interact with to provide a more custom outlook on the items.
With View Axis, when right clicked, a dialog will appear which allows users to perform several operations:
- Select Row – This will alter the view to focus on that row. This action is the same as the interactive filtering capability.
- Hide Row – Hide the row from the view.
- Restore Rows – If a row has been hidden and the changes not saved, the rows can be restored. If the changes had been saved, the row needs to be restored in the interactive filter dialog.
- Edit Rows – Will open the Story Setup with the category/attribute highlighted where it can be edited.
- Explode Row (WBS Timeline Only) – Will provide a separate row for each item across the WBS timeline
- Expand Row (WBS Timeline Only) – Will separate each phase of the WBS timeline in an individual row which can be separated again if further phases are present.
Note: For more information about the WBS timeline, visit the WBS Timeline Knowledge Base article.
If a view is right clicked in the background, a different dialog will appear as shown below:
Select all – Selects all the items visible in the view.
Copy View – Allows the view to be copied and then pasted into the same or different stories.
Paste Annotation(s) – If an annotation has been copied, it can be pasted by using this dialog set.
Fit all items (Timeline, Map and Wall view only) – This will scale the view to fit all items that are on the view.
Take screenshot – This generates a PNG file of the view. See Knowledge Base article titled: Exporting Views for more information.
Table and Map views have additional functionality on their dialog options, which can be found in their respective Knowledge Base Articles.