SharpCloud makes it easy to conduct workshops and meetings virtually, allowing for high engagement and the production of rich, dynamic content that will help you continue the conversation even after the workshop concludes.
Below are some best practices around planning and conducting your virtual workshop in SharpCloud.
PREPARING YOUR STORY AND FORMS
- Decide on the structure that makes sense
- Determine how participants will contribute to the story
- Will multiple forms be needed?
- Will you allow contributions from Editors only? Viewers? Anonymous?
- Will items initially be published or unpublished?
- Which fields are required vs optional?
- How will you share the form with your participants (QR code in the story, emailed link, etc.)
- Story Access
- Who will have Admin / Edit / View access to the story during the workshop?
- How will the story be shared/published following the workshop?
- Is a Team or Directory needed?
- Set up your Views
- Are quick filters needed to ease sorting of submitted ideas?
- Would icons, background or border coloring on your items help participants?
- Will relationships be added between items? Turn this on for your view by default if so and decide on the item click behavior.
- Add Global Panels
- Which attributes will be helpful?
- Will participants be adding resources to items during or after the workshop?
TEST, ITERATE, COMMUNICATE
- Be sure to test your forms, add sample items and make sure all views are showing as expected.
- Let participants know ahead of time what will be expected of them so they can come ready to contribute.
- Familiarize yourself with filtering and settings for the various wall views you’ll be using in case changes are needed in the moment.