Currently, the Video panel type supports uploading of a video file from your computer or linking to a YouTube video that will then be displayed in the panel.
If you host videos on Vimeo rather than YouTube, you can still share these with your viewers using one of the following methods:
Embed a Vimeo Video in an HTML Panel
1. Create an HTML panel for your Item.
2. Find the embed code for your video via the Share button on Vimeo’s website.
3. Paste the embed code into the HTML panel for your Item.
4. You will need to update the frame of the video to not display the default transparent background using the following method:
Add ?transparent=0 to the end of the player URL in your embed code. In the example shown above, the new code would look like this (added code is bolded for emphasis but will not appear bold when you apply it):
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/368268711?transparent=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/368268711">Tell a New Story with SharpCloud</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/sharpcloud">SharpCloud Software</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
The result will look like this:
Embed a Vimeo Video in a Rich Text Panel
1. Create a Rich Text Panel for your Item.
2. Click the pencil icon in the top-right to edit the panel.
3. With the formatting toolbar open, click the Source button as highlighted in the image below:
4. Paste the embed code from Vimeo’s share screen into the panel.
5. Important – click the Source button again to accept the code before clicking OK to update the panel.
The result should be as shown below: